Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday feels good

Quick Weekend recap

WOO FUCKING HOO!!!! Bested 50, hell 48 flat, and I left a few seconds out there, tip to start to finish who ran this event, turn the FUCKING CLOCK AROUND SO THAT IT CAN BE SEEN AS YOU FINISH. My indicated time was 48:24, due to my start placement, finished in 48, if I had thought I could have beated 48:20, i would have continued my sprint. Meh, now I have to aim at sub 48 next time I run a 10k which admittedly will be a while. Side note, music was excellante mixo this time, California Lovin by Pac and Dre started me off, Saturday in the Park by Chicago when we through Handy, and last two songs were Don't Stop (live from the Dance) and You only get what you Give. Due to shuffle, no way it was planned so the Kudo of the Week to my Evo's music player software

The course was easy, the 5 and 10 were the same until the 2.5 marker when the 5kers turned off and we kept running through downtown. It was a strange course, ran past the Blue Monkey, ran through that housing development on the bluffs, and did a big out loop then back in to finsh on Beale. Another suggestion for races that end in a non even numbered distance, put up a 1 mile to go sign to help us out.

Next day, ran from the house to the Zoo, its a shade under 5 miles from the house there on Poplar. Legs took forever to unkink and the wind was kicking up, but I felt good. The pace I ran is what I want to try and do for the Nautical 10 miler in June and hopefully (not bloody likely) for a half at some point soonish.

No run today. Rest day then run for three of the next four with a long on Thursday. Then its off for most of next week due to VACATION!!!!!!!! Post later this week coming.

1 comment:

  1. Dazzling city of Perth is an integral part of Australia. Incredible beaches, blend of modern skyscrapers and historical buildings, and museums making you aware of the art and culture of the city are few attractions of Perth. Take cheap Perth Flights to enjoy vacation of your life.

    ReplyDelete