Friday, July 29, 2011

Well, looks like a first will occur

Looks like rain tomorrow. If so, no pics from me, but I will post links.

Week of training has been abbreviated due to extreme heat, Pam being sick (have to watch the jackalope), and general apathy. Overton 5 Mile classic is tomorrow, due to the thunderstorms we are going to have today and through tomorrow, i expect my time to be slow. I don't expect to break 40 minutes due to part of the race being off road on grass and trail, and oh yeah, not training hard due to heat.

I will start next week with either night runs and/or getting my fat ass up early and running in the morning. I have 3 shots at breaking 40 in the 5 over the next 4 weeks. The best shot is the 2nd 5 miler in Bartlett, but I am going to try and get it out of the way.

Here is your friendly tip for races. Get to the race at least an hour early. This way you can get a decent parking spot (cannot be overrated), get an idea where the start line is, hit the port-a-john, get your stretching in, and relax because you won't be in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment