Sunday, July 31, 2011

I love me some me

Overton 5 mile was yesterday. I did what I didn't think I could do, I broke 40, 39:58 to be precise thanks to a full fledged sprint at the end. Thankfully the course was shaded for almost all of it, considering .75 was on trail, not surprising.

The trail was a lot longer this year, twice as much as last year, also instead of being a double loop, the trail started at the 3 mile mark, went around, and dumped you back out near the original i mile marker and you ran back to the start, so the start and finish were in the same spot. Here is a good photo of me approaching the trail start, which was also by the start finish line.

Ran this morning, it was oppresive hot due to my being an idiot and running at 1030 when I should have gotten out there before 9. Went two miles as a just to loosen the legs up, went and did weights this afternoon for the first time in a month, upper body only, tomorrow going to do some leg and core stuff. That's it for now, no races on the docket until two weeks from now with the 1st MRRS 5 miler in Bartlett.

Quick tip: The hidden reason guys wear either no shirt of a really loose one is to prevent nipple chafing. I hurt right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment